Calcarea sulphurica (aka Calc sulph) is a vital cell salt in the body related to the cleansing of the blood and tissues. This remedy is a mixture of the components Calc Carb and Sulphur. The Sulphur aids in the skin, hair, and nails and Calc Carb helps the bones.
Reach for Calc sulph when you have that classic, yucky, yellow mucus. This cell salt can stimulate your body’s natural defenses to clear up the symptoms. If the symptom looks like it should call for the homeopathic remedy Hepar sulph, but it does not respond to Hepar, think Calc sulph. It’s easy to remember this salt if you think of it as “a deeper Hepar.”
In general, symptoms are worse with heat and bathing.
Here are a few indications to consider Calc sulph:
- Injuries that leave a scar
- Pus under scabs
- Acne (or any pus-filled skin eruptions)
- Sore throats
- Discharging but not healing boils or abscesses
- Wounds (infected and pus-filled)
- Cracked hands and feet in cold weather
- Tendencies to fungal infections like tinea
- Vaginitis (thick yellow discharge that can be burning or excoriating)
- Urethra discharges
- Nose discharge (acrid thick yellow discharge)
- Conjunctivitis (discharge of thick yellow matter)
- Abscesses inside the ear
Cell salts are an excellent additional layer to support maintaining good health, healing acute infections and colds, and easing chronic conditions.